Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(Late) Welcome to 2011, and the games (Extra additions)

I realized after finishing my list, there were a few more games I forgot on my (long) list from a few days ago, so here we go.


Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Platforms: PS3, 360, PC
Release Date: 8/23/11
Hype Level: Medium-High

This game was initially not at all on my radar, I didn't read any previews, or watch any trailers. I had heard about the series before, but never played it. Then. THEN. I saw the cinematic trailer, which won me over. I now must have this game. Props developers.
Zelda: The Skyward Sword
Platforms: Wii
Release Date: 2011
Hype Level: Medium-Low

While I really enjoyed all the 2D Zelda games, I never really got into the 3D ones. I continue to check into the series, to see if it will appeal to me, and it so far hasn't grabbed me in 3D.

Who knows though.



Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Platforms: 3DS
Release Date: 6/19/11
Hype Level: Medium-Low

I didn't like Zelda 64. I played it almost all the way through, but got burnt out before the end. I saw the ending to it via someone else and never went back either. It just... Felt like a 'lite' version of Link to the Past to me, and didn't capture the same magic for me.

Still, it will be interesting to see if the game held up to everyone else's expectations.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Drop Dream Distance
Platforms: 3DS
Release Date: TBA
Hype Level: Medium

Okay, Kingdom Hearts. I loved number #1, I didn't really like #2. I didn't really enjoy Chain of Memories either, but I did enjoy Birth by Sleep, but what are we up to now? 2 main games, and 7 spin offs?

I am still waiting for a third game. Maybe by the time they get there they will be good again.


Driver Renagede
Platforms: 3DS
Release Date: 2011
Hype Level: Medium

While I am a huge fan of Driver, after Driver 2 GBA, DRIV3R GBA, and then Driver 76, I am kinda holding off on a handheld Driver until I know it's going to be really good.





Alright, I might update this later, if I can think of something else, but that should be it.

Also, before someone says: "You Sony/Nintendo fanboy, you mentioned no 360 games!" Then keep in mind, M$ hasn't announced/released any game since Alan Wake and Halo Reach that has at all perked my interest. End of Story.

No comments: