Tuesday, August 26, 2008

List of games everyone liked but me. Part 3

You ever had it where everyone plays a game and loves it, and you hear about how great it is, and when you finally play it, it's really not that great, and you don't see why anyone would like it? Well, then, you know how I feel, here's my list of such games. PART 3!


Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PS3/360/PC - Published by Activision - Developed by Infinity Ward - 2007.

Ah, Call of Duty, a series made famous by featuring World War II first person shooters, finally taken away from the axis and allies, to a modern setting. This game won numerous game of the year awards, and lots of praise. It even kicked Halo 3 from the top spot on Xbox Live, wow.

So, one day, I decided to rent it, as the game I was looking for was not in. This game is pretty good looking, so let me get that off my chest. The game is a realistic shooter, which is based somewhere middle-east/russia if I remember correctly.

Everything in the game works, and works pretty smoothly, the sound is pretty good, and the framerate is locked at 60 Frames per second, making it really smooth.

So, this sounds like the making of a good game, right? Well, sort of. You could polish a sculpture of president into a mirror shine, but it's still a statue of a president. Thing is, there are a lot of statues of presidents. The game feels like every first person shooter I've played before, with not much new, it just feels like any WWII shooter, done in this time period.

It falls in the same category as Counter-Strike, in being okay, but completely generic, and, In my opinion, boring after a short time. To me this game was completely uninteresting, which may be a shame, but oh well..

Tekken series - PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 - Published by Namco - Developed by Namco - 1995-2008.

Ah, Tekken, apparently king of fighting games, with smooth animations, great character balance, and amazing graphics.

I will make this short, as in general, I don't like fighting games. I did like Mutant Academy, but that's because it was something *really* special, in my opinion. I did play Street fighter II, and suck at it, but I was never super fond of it.

Now, I don't have too much to compare it to, but if this is the best fighter series, no wonder they are slowly dying off.

This game is slow, and clunky, not to mention just ridicules. The most fun I had with these games, were just laughing at how bad they were.

I know, there's going to be someone that's all mad at me for this, but I'd have you know, this is my opinion, and not fact or something.

Prince of Persia trilogy - Last generation consoles - Published by Ubisoft - Developed by Ubisoft - 2003-2007.

Prince of Persia was a Dark Castle-like 2D side scrolling platformer made in 1989, apparently someone found it 20 years later, as a sequel was made in 2003. It combined platforming, sword fighting, free running, and time altering.

When released this game was met with loads of good reviews, and good press, it won lots of game of the year awards, and most of the people I knew owned a copy.

So, not expecting much, I tried it. Surprisingly I was met with a slow paced, boring game, with horrible fighting and bleh story.

I tried to like this game, but simply was bored out of my mind. There was just nothing about it that interested me. A year or two later, I tried again, and still didn't like it. Then again, a year or so ago, I got another chance to try it, and I *Still* didn't like it.

I didn't like the stuck camera angles in some places, and not in others, I didn't like the swordplay, which I found to be repetitive, and uninclusive. And, I will say it again, this game just bored me so much, I had trouble even putting an hour into this game, which I forced myself to do, as I wanted to think it would get better.

It didn't.


So, I know I've pissed off a few people with this, but as I said before, this is my opinion, and not fact. These games are probably wonderful, but are sadly, not for me.

No comments: